Every orientation is a one-day event. All orientation programs take place in the Kansas Union at 1301 Jayhawk Boulevard. One-day orientation programs last from 7:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. You will meet with an academic advisor, enroll in classes, and learn more about life on campus. Your Orientation Assistant will also provide details about how to prepare for classes and your move to campus. Students must attend all sessions in order to enroll in classes and get their KU ID card.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Create your KU Online ID (if you haven’t already done so). Your KU Online ID includes your first and last initial and six random numbers (i.e., a123b789). To create the Online ID, you will need your student ID number from your admission letter or the admission status page. It's not the user name used to apply for admission. Need help? 785-864-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to bring your Online ID and password to orientation, since you will use this information to enroll in classes.
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit. Your enrollment deposit covers programs throughout your first year at KU, as well as your KU card.
- Register for orientation. The registration page will show you available dates for your academic interests. You may also change or cancel your orientation date if needed. You may also register a guest to attend with you. Guests may attend orientation for a $25 fee, which covers meals, publications, and staff support throughout the event.
- Plan your trip. We provide information on lodging, directions to KU, and parking.
- Prepare for orientation. Make sure to submit all previous transcripts and exam scores at least two weeks prior to your orientation session. This will help academic advisors create the best schedule for your interests and goals.