Registration For Orientation
Students who plan to begin their KU education in the Spring 2018 semester may register for Orientation beginning on October 2, 2017. Students who plan to begin their KU education in the Summer or Fall 2018 semesters will be able to register for Orientation beginning February 1, 2018. The Office of First-Year Experience has established guidelines to help make your orientation experience a success. Please read the information on this page before you register for Orientation.
Registering and paying the enrollment deposit
- Register online as soon as possible. The Office of First-Year Experience isn’t able to accept fax, phone, or email registrations or day-of-program registrations.
- If you are a freshman, pay your enrollment deposit at least one hour before registering. If you haven’t done so, you won’t be able to register for orientation.
- If you are a transfer student, a transfer enrollment deposit will be applied to your student account after you enroll in classes and does not need to be paid in order to register for orientation.
- If your intended major or contact information has changed, update your official KU record. Please allow five business days for all updates to be processed.
- If you are waiting to be admitted to a school or program, contact that school or program directly for status updates or questions.
- If you have been admitted to two schools and one of them is a freshman-entry school (architecture, business, engineering, journalism, music, arts) the orientation date options listed in the registration form will be based on the freshman-entry school, as advising is provided by their staff.
Not planning to attend KU?
Registration fees and cancellations
- If you have registered for orientation and you or your registered guests cannot attend, you must cancel those registrations in writing by 5:00 p.m. one week before your assigned orientation date to receive a refund. More on cancellations and refunds.
- If you attend orientation, but do not attend KU, you are responsible for any registration fees. The enrollment deposit you paid will cover your orientation session. You may qualify for a partial refund of your enrollment deposit. Learn about enrollment deposit refunds.
I have read and agree to abide by the above policies and guidelines established by the Office of First-Year Experience and the University of Kansas.