Become an OA
Orientation Assistants guide, mentor, and lead new students. Orientation Assistants guide new students at Orientation, mentor new students in UNIV 101, Learning Communities, and First-Year Seminars, and lead new students during Hawk Week. Orientation Assistants can be domestic or international students. The application for 2019-2020 is now closed.
Orientation Assistants should possess and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A strong desire to help others
- Pride in being a member of the Jayhawk Community
- Ability to serve as a role model, demonstrating good judgement and ethical behavior
- Strong academic skills, including knowledge of their own academic program(s)
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on public speaking and interpersonal communication
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Motivation of self and others
- Responsibility and reliability
The OA team represents the best and brightest KU students.