University 101 is KU’s orientation seminar. In the course, you will:
- Learn about the University and begin to define your KU experience.
- Make an academic and personal wellness plan.
- Engage in work that affirms student identities and builds campus communities.
- Meet peers and professionals that will help you transition to student life.
- Read and discuss the KU Common Book.
- Visit iconic campus spaces.
- Recognize your strengths and translate them into success and opportunity.
UNIV 101 classrooms are social learning spaces where students learn not only from the instructor but each other. Instructors develop exciting assignments that provide students with frequent feedback and allow for out-of-the-classroom experiences. Students have met with performers from the Lied Center, carried out service learning projects with community organizations, and conducted research on objects at the Spencer Museum of Art, Dole Institute of Politics, and Spencer Research Library. This work builds skills that maximize your learning in UNIV 101 and in subsequent courses.