Orientation Assistants mentor, lead, and inspire new students. Orientation Assistants lead new students at Orientation and during Hawk Week,and inspire new students throughout their first year. Orientation Assistants can be domestic or international students.
The application for 2021-2022 is live! If you are a student, you can complete our OA Interest Form to receive additional information about the OA position. If you'd like to nominate a student for the OA position, please complete our OA Nomination Form and we will reach out to the nominated student.
Orientation Assistants should possess and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A strong desire to help others
- Pride in being a member of the Jayhawk Community
- A strong desire to mentor, lead, and inspire new Jayhawks
- Ability to serve as a role model, demonstrating good judgement and ethical behavior
- Strong academic skills, including knowledge of their own academic program(s)
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on public speaking and interpersonal communication
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Motivation of self and others
- Adaptability during any part of programming (beginning, during, after)
- Responsibility and reliability
For questions, please contact Alex Cruse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-2877.